Scared of anyrusm!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have an INTENSE headache that woke me up in the middle of the night. I have had 2 ct scans without contrast in the last 2 months, because of something else. do you think if I had an anyrusm, it would have shown up then??? also I check my pupils and its scary because theyre normal but when I look in the mirror, they are constantly changing in size!! please help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you on antidepressants? They can give you headaches and affect the size of your pupils. I think an MRI is the preferred scan for an aneurysm. What does the headache feel like?

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply. i had a headache intense before about a month ago and they did a ct scan without contrast, saying its easier to see a bleed that way. its all across my forhead... like a rubber band. I just feel like I wanna curl up in the corner... so to speak. never felt this type of headache before that woke me up. and no... im not on any antidepressant.

• Posted

I was told a brain aneurysm feels like a really big bash to the back of your head. I don't think it is an aneurysm if you had a similar headache a month ago. It would be unlikely you would still be alive. Are you taking any medication that could give you a headache? There are lots of things that is a side effect for.

Otherwise across the forehead could be a tension headache or possibly a migraine. Or maybe sinus related.

• Posted

thank you for your reply back yea The m just scared because NO pain reliever has helped today but 14 hours later, id imagine Id be dead by now

• Posted

If it is sinus related there could be something to help. Also there are medications for migraines as well. It could be hormone related, I get terrible headaches just before my period. Keep a diary of when they occur, also what you have eaten that day or any activity. Then you may find a link between what could trigger it. Red wine and cheese can trigger migraines for example. I get affected with pain over my eyes from artificial sweeteners.

• Posted

yea I think its a migraine. it was finally somewhat relieved by Excedrin but is back again. but am confused because the pain is sooo intense and debilitating, I almost went to the er because of the pain. it is located all over my forehead and temples. just insane pressure, feels like my head is about to explode. but I read online that migraine isn't felt on forehead. have you ever had a migraine??? would that be true??

• Posted

thank you for replying back! i really appreciate it!

• Posted

I think I have but I am not 100% sure. I was never diagnosed with them. I had screaming headaches and felt really dizzy and sick. From what I understand there are different types migraines. So some people have headaches and vision disturbances while others have stomach problems and are actually physically sick. It would be a good idea to do a bit of research into it and then mention it to your doctor and see what treatment you may be able to get.

• Posted

I would think that would show up on your CT. an MRI is better though for aneuryms I would think.

also if you've been under stress you could have a really bad tension headache, the location sounds related.

the only headache im aware to wake you is called a cluster headache, but those would be one sided with pain around your eye too and happen more than once. they are a serious debilitating chronic condition too

• Posted

thank you for your reply!! yea I actually feel pain in my left eye and my pupils are smaller than normal. I looked it up and looks like it could be cluster headache. the worst pain ever. yes I hope they would be able to see it on a ct scan. I assume they can, since they were originally looking for a brain bleed. and ultimately thats what happens when you have an anyrusm. I just can't shake this pain. No pain killers are helping. any suggestions??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.