scared of blood clot

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had a bad leg cramp 2 nights ago and my calf still feels sore. i have been reading about deep vein thrombosis. my calf isnt red or anything and it only feels sore when walking or moving my foot upward. what could that be ? i still have the soreness 2 days later

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi hi there I'm sorry you're in pain and I'm no doctor but I can definitely give you my experience as I have had a lot of health issues especially with leg cramps a lot of health issues especially with leg cramps.blood clots run in my family so every time I have a cramp I obsess and worry about that and have been to the hospitalblood clots run in my family so every time I have a cramp I obsess and worry about that and have been to the hospital numerous. I have had cramps but have never had redness or swollen but I do know that you could still have them even if you don't show physical symptoms. it is definitely something to look into by a doctor but given that it only hurts when you move is a good sign that it's probably just a pulled muscle. I have been told by doctors that if it was a blood clot that it would hurt and it would progressively get worse. but you can always go to your doctor and ask for a d-dimer test. if you're low probability which means if you haven't taken any long road trips or haven't flown or haven't had just had surgery and you're probably low risk but you can get a d-dimer and it'll check your blood for a blood clot anywhere in your body. mine has gotten so bad to the point to where my doctor won't give me the test anymore because he knows that I'm fine and it's just me over worrying but over here if you're in the US you can actually purchase the test online and go into a walk-in lab which is pretty convenient.

• Posted

I have had leg cramps before and they always leave me with soreness. I believe you are fine!

• Posted

I have being told that if you have a clot or PE you know and will literally be dragging/being dragged into A&E.

I often check my calves and ankles now days (thankyou health anxiety) even had a tape measure measuring them to make sure they are symetrical

If you are concenred you can have a simple blood test for d-dimer but your dr normally carries out a series of questions/tests and may not wven offer this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.