Scared of blood clots

Posted , 2 users are following.

super worried again, and my health anxiety is focused on blood clots. I have been having extreme right calf pain for a week or so.... and I swear it looks slightly swollen. Ive had this fear before and have gone to the er several times for this and all was normal. so... Im just super scared this time is different and NOW something is wrong. also.... been having palpitations after taking Flagyl and also worried Ive developed Long QT.... even though Ive taken these for years and have been fine.. somebody please help me rationalize, I fear Im dying of something!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Coming from someone who has had a PE I completely understand you're fear. When you're mind is set on something like an illness you tend to develop physical symptoms but there is really nothing wrong. Do not let you're anxiety control you. You control it. Anxiety is fear and in order to conquer a fear you must hit it head on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.