Scared of Bunion Surgery!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. reading your stories makes me more confident to have the surgery, but then I start thinking of the risks of damage to nerves and tendons that might occur and the long recovery period. But if leave the bunions I don't know what damag that will cause! sad

Also I have read some bad stories of people who wish they never done the operation.

So I would like to your opinions and if you thought about the possibility of the surgery going wrong.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi having had my surgery cancelled twice in the last month the last 1 was on the morning of the op! I can fully sympathise with you as I was petrified and had to have valium before the surgery, 2 weeks later I have got a lovely looking foot, I am walking around on 1 crutch on my heel and really only have to take painkillers in the eve. I cannot tell you that it was not painful (giving birth was less painful) but I am now glad that I have had it done, will keep you posted as the weeks go by. I hope this helps :D
  • Posted

Hi, im recovering from a chevron osteotomy on my left foot, I am 34 and its something ive thought about doing for the last ten years, ive finally had it done and am 3 weeks post op, all is going great, it was a little tender at first but I can even walk around now barefoot but being very careful (dont think I should be tho)!!

I was so scared of having it done but my mum had the same problem on the same foot years ago and she had it done saying it was one of the best decisions she had made! I was expecting my big toe to be shorter too like my mums but it isnt and the cut is on the side not on the front. I believe the surgerys have moved on alot over the last ten years and if your in pain and this is on your mind all the time I would go for it.

My big toe is still tender ive got few weeks left till I can walk properley and my big toe is stiff, even though it is getting better the more I do my exercises but it looks great and am really looking forward to wearing some nice sandals now! I hope some of this helps. x :o

• Posted

Hi I have had pain in both feet since my 20's with bunions. I have

seen podiatrist's and had insoles in my shoes, but my feet have gotton worse over the years. I have been given a date for my bunion operation for 6 April and I am getting both feet done at the same time, only now I am terrified of the operation, and possibilities of it going wrong. I have even thought about forwarding the date, but I am in so much pain, I know I should get it done, but my nerves are getting the better of me. I suppose I could do with some reassurance from here. San

• Posted

dont be scared sweet im 16 nd had mine dun yesterday it is a little bit painful today butt thats to be expected ull be fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.