Scared of cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

I Am really terrified of recent symptoms I have been having. For the last two weeks I have been having mild night sweats. Also I have lost about 5 pounds in two weeks. I was working out pretty hard before these last two weeks and then I hurt my knee. I also went off my diet and haven’t been eating well the last two weeks. So not sure how I would lose weight During these two weeks. I also have seemed to lost muscle mass within the last two weeks. Not sure if it’s from not working out? Maybe the loss of muscle mass caused the weight loss?

I also have been having mild night sweats the last two weeks along with headaches.

My dr does not seem to concerned.  Sometimes I worry he knows I suffer from health anxiety and is chalking it up as that.

I did have a normal CBC last month. A chest CT scan and Chest X-ray within the last 6 months. And a stomach and pelvic CT scan about a year ago.

I guess what I’m wondering is could cancer have shown up after these tests? I worry these symptoms I’m having are some type of cancer like lymphoma or a tumor somewhere else.

Dr thinks weight loss is from my anxiety and night sweats could be from the anti-inflammatory medicine I’m taking for my knee (naproxen)

Any advice, help would be helpful. Especially someone that works in medical field.

I know this is a long rant 😢

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You may want to watch this presentation: Implementation of CAM in cancer treatment.

In general life style and diet may help.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Not sure what this is. I said I was worried about cancer. This is treatment? 
  • Posted

As in many cases, symptoms can be the same for many illnesses, the more your anxious the more you notice. I've had a cancer, I have a node in my lung, Dr's are monitoring it, nothing I can do, I have to wait every 8 months for a scan to see if there are changes.

If your unsure of your Dr's opinion, see another one. Anxiety does increase symptoms as you focus on them. Night sweats can be anxiety, I've never had night sweats with cancer.

Try not to focus negatively, carry on as before, if things get worse see your GP. Also I have never lost weight when I had cancer, my weight increased, not all what people say are signs of cancer.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I know my anxiety does not help matters and prob symptoms worse. It’s just very hard for me not to be scared of things like cancer. The weight loss just really freightend me because I have not been eating great and haven’t been able to work out for 2weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.