Scared of cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

GRAPHIC PICTURE BELOW

Im 19 years old but my poop looks like this from time to time and ive heard that this can be a sign of colon cancer so i was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight because im really scared of this stuff. I know its rare and unlikely for someone my age to get it but i just want to be sure.! Also i havent been losing any weight except for now because ive been havung anxiety about it and ive stopped eating. any help would be appreciated. thanksimage

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

A CT scan should put your mind at ease.

• Posted

the problem is i dont have insurance and i dont think my fanily can afford it. ive had these issues for months but i havent been sick just stressed. its driving me crazy

• Posted

There are million type of stomach diseases that are not cancer. Sometimes it's just triggered by special type of food, or junk food that your stomach cannot tolerate, sometimes it's the outside food that triggers such issues. Sometimes it can be type of lifestyle your are living, that you need to change. Sleeping less, no exercise, less water intake etc. You should make a note of when this happens. Especially if it is happening when you have a certain type of food a day before.

If you are anxious about it you should better get a doctor. Because it can be a minor issue, but your stress and anxiety may affect your life worse than the problem itself. Don't try to search internet and come to your own conclusion. A trusted doctor can help you better than the random stuff on internet.

• Posted

the only problem ive been to a doctor and theyve felt all over my stomach and said they dont think i should worry. i would like to have a colonoscopy but i dont have insurance and idk if my family can afford it

• Posted

You should worry only if you are constantly in a state of pain or uncomfort. Because that surely affects daily routine, even if the problem is minor. However, if the doctors you consulted are reputed and trusted, and you are not in pain, then you should do as the doctors say. They have a better idea and know what tests need to be done.

Or may be just go for a second opinion.

But deciding a test on your own does not make any sense, because you are not a doctor. You will be wasting money and probably just help the hospital to make some extra cash out of your fear. I bet they would be more than happy to provide you a list of test get done.

• Posted

im only 19 so i know i probably dont have it but im still scared

• Posted

I am a 62 year old man. When I was 20 years of age I began to notice very similar issues with my stools. Sometimes they were very flat in appearance. Sometimes like the photo that you shared. Other times very small. And at other times it was even like oatmeal. All very strange and quite frightening for one who was not trained in medicine. I read in a medical book (a mistake) that my symptoms met the criteria for colon cancer. It scared the heck out of me but I decided to keep it a secret. I constantly feared the worst. This created a significant anxiety issue for me which led to numerous panic attacks, resulting in having to use anxiety medications. I kept the stool issue a secret for many years and suffered with fear and depression. It even caused me to not reach for higher achievement, because I knew I would have to undergo a physical the the things I was interested in. In my mind those results would be dooming. It wasn't until I was 44 years of age that I finally decided to see a doctor. After I had undergone a rectal exam and then a colonoscopy, the results were in. There was nothing wrong with me. I couldn't believe it. All I could think about was how stupid I was after all those years of suffering with fear of the unknown. Do yourself a favor Don. The only way you're going to find peace is to see a doctor and share with that doctor your exact symptoms. You don't want to make the mistake that I made. Severe anxiety created a lot of issues for me over the years. I could have prevented all of that if I would simply have shared my exact symptoms with a medical expert. The fact is that I only shared with you the very superficial aspects of what went on over all those years. It would take hours, perhaps days, to share the entire story. But I'm not here to write a story. I'm here to share the consequences of make the mistake of giving your life over to fear. The point is that if "you take control" of your issue now, by seeing your doctor, being very honest and open about your symptoms, "you will be steering your destiny," not the fear of the unknown. Don't suffer Don, act! Best of luck. God bless.

• Posted

so this is all probably my stress and stuff like that?

• Posted

The only way you're going to prevent anxiety is to have a medical professional examine you. Sorry about referring to use as Don, Catkins23. I misread the title.

• Posted

It could be many things.. Have you seen your doctor for tests? Your doctor will be able to help and diagnose you. Try eating little but often. Not eating will make your symptoms worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.