Scared of dvt

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past few days I've been having pain in my right leg that's more in the calf but the pain moves up and down the leg. It hurts more when I walk and is better when resting . It feels kind of like a sharp pain but also sometimes feels like tightness . I know I'm at risk because I take birth control pills so it worries me . I don't have any redness or swelling . I'm not sure if I should just wait to see if it goes away or gets better

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Brandi go to a and e if you are worried. I really do not see the point of posting on here as any answer you get is not going to be able to reassure you. Even if the posters on here were doctors they could not help you without a physical examination, blood tests and ultrasound. Go to A and E
  • Posted

Hi Brandi17

Best thing to do is get appointment with you GP/Nurse  & let them know you are concerned about birth control pills causing a dvt. Not good stressing & this site is for patients experiences & not medical advice. 

If if you can’t get a GP appointment then call NHS 111 they will advise & point you in the right direction.  Hope this helps.

regards

Christine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.