Scared of heart attack symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

ill be honest and just say i have a pretty sedentary life , my diets not crap but its not exactly the best, i go to school everyday them come back home sit and draw til bed, so this only adds on to my fear right now it started out as small random pressures in my chest in certain areas like in the middle , left or right side of my chest, they went away quickly though but it still has had me in a major fear of having heart issues 17 or not , and i had recently just got over my anxitey of brain tumors and such then this happens , in class i caught a very light poke feeling in my chest that literally lasted a second went away then three seconds later i felt a sudden shortness of breath and freaked out , after i calmed down i got all depressed ahout it then brushed it off the next day , now tonight really takes the cake when i was sitting on the couch i felt a stabbing pain in my middle right finger along with pain in my right breastbone area , that scared me , then a few hours later when laying down i suddenly felt a pressure squeezing in my lower left jaw that only lasted 2 seconds and was followed by once again shortness of breath, but no chest pain , either way i dont know what else could cause these connected feelings besides cardiac issues or heart attack and im really scared, its making me depressed and my anxiety gets worse plz help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

anxiety and stress can definitely produce symptoms similar to heart issues . The adrenaline that is released with anxiety is the culprit. And it is not harmful.

however, for your peace of mind, talk to your parents about visiting your doctor for a check up. A simple EKG would show The electrical activity of your heart.

honestly, there is a 99.9% chance this is all related to your health anxiety. When you tell yourself something is wrong, your brain believes you and that’s when you get the symptoms.

i I know many people who have gone to the emergency room with chest pain along with other symptoms and it turned out everything was normal. All due to stress and anxiety.

so my advice is to have a thorough check up and when those results are normal then it’s time to start working on ways to manage the anxiety.

consider speaking with a counselor about what may be causing your health anxiety and want to do about it.

you tube has hundreds of great meditations for anxiety, sleep etc.

you are going to be just fine. Take one day at a time and keep busy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.