Scared of heart problems

Posted , 8 users are following.

me again ! seeking reassurance I suppose.. I've had chest pains more or less constant for almost 12 weeks now.. I've had multiple blood tests, ecgs, chest xrays, ct scan on the lungs. all within the last 12 weeks yet everything has always been clear, my chest pain continues, sometimes I feel it in my ribs when it's been too bad (they did mention costochondritis - but it's not always sore to touch only sometimes) and they have mentioned acid reflux because sometimes but literally only sometimes I get a touch of heart burn.. they told me time and time again my lungs and heart are fine but the last few days with me worrying about my chest pain I can feel it in my upper back too, aswell as feeling like I've got to keep catching my breath. I started worrying I had corona (I haven't) and now I'm thinking again it is my heart or even lungs.. can anxiety really be that persistent even when I think I feel relaxed or calm? I even got them to rerun bloods, they checked my thyroid, blood clotting, full blood count, liver and kidneys and infection and inflammation - that came back today and all normal again.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

im going thru the same with my heart,lots of chest and back pains skipping beats fast hr stomach issues ,nausea ,all kinds of discomfort! all

my test are negative as well! now with the covid going on im bouncing between two,if its not covid symptom is heart related and in always in a state of panic not able to take a break!

• Posted

it's horrible isnt it and super scary! I just dont know what to do with myself 😦

• Posted

im going thru the same with my heart,lots of chest and back pains skipping beats fast hr stomach issues ,nausea ,all kinds of discomfort! all

my test are negative as well! now with the covid going on im bouncing between two,if its not covid symptom is heart related and in always in a state of panic not able to take a break!

• Posted

• Edited

Make sure they test all 4 thyroid functions,

TSH T4,T3Free, and T3 Reverse.

This is the most accurate way to test thyroid, they should all be in optimal range. Not in low ends of normal or high ends of normal.

So many people think their thyroid is normal, and it's not because most doctors don't check all the values.

• Posted

I believe they have checked them all to be honest because of how much I've been worrying and my symptoms.

• Edited

I have the exact same symptoms and recently been feeling better when i realised it was most likely anxiety. Once I accepted it and faced the anxiety i've had barely any pain.

• Edited

I have the same issues. All kind of chest pains, sometimes feeling like it's closer to my back, feeling like I'm not getting enough air even though I'm breathing fine, general sense of unease... For months I was convinced I was going to die until I could afford health insurance and got a primary care physician. I too have had blood tests and EKGs and have been told by more than one doctor that I'm perfectly healthy. I even was in the hospital a month ago due to a rare complication during a bad bout of mono and strep throat. They had me on an EKG for two days and took me off the last day, and I remember seeing just how many PVCs I was getting. I asked the nurse if it was normal and she said yes and not to worry at all, she can tell by looking at the monitor that my heart is fine.

Anxiety can cause so many issues it's almost unbelievable. I still have issues believing it sometimes. Hang in there!

• Edited

I really struggle! especially when sometimes I feel really off or lightheaded, and if I stand up sometimes I get head rush and I'm convinced it's all connected to my heart, the other night my whole body went numb and tingly all down the left side, it was so scary. I went to the hospital again and they done same tests and again said I'm ok but I just cant believe it I'm like what if I've got a blocked artery or something and they aren't picking it up.. it's the worst feeling being scared of your heart isnt it 😦

• Edited

I would like to give you an assurance but I can't give it to myself at the moment, by far this year has been the worst as my anxiety is concerned. For almost 20 years now(40 years of age) I've been anxious/panicky about my damn heart.. From panic attacks to paranoia to daily palpitations and chest tightness that keeps appearing from period to period. I've been on anxiety medication for that long.

For the last 3 weeks now I've been experiencing similar sensations to yours but added to that a very scary sense of being overwhelmed accompanied by extreme loss of energy with weak hands.

I keep telling myself it's all anxiety but I find myself doing the same thing, googling symptoms and feeding my worst enemy, but I can't help it.

This might give you some relief, from what I've gathered is a heart pain isn't something that'll be like a pinch or a stab feeling in the chest, and it wont be superficial like on the ribs or closer to the surface of the chest, a real heart pain would be emanating deep in the chest that vibrates to the arms and jaws.

If you feel constantly breathless I found that buying an Oximetre device will give you some reassurance as to how well your lungs are saturating your blood with Oxygen, you just insert your finger and it gives you a % reading of your blood Oxygen level, it's as big as your finger and measures your pulse too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.