Scared of pancreatic cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an ultrasound to find out what the side pain is and I do have a slight fatty liver but I have a little pain near my belly and right side and my lower right side back hurts. I don't have any other symptoms but I'm paranoid I might have pancreatic cancer. I am 1 point into pre diabetic range but it's possible because I ain't so many carbs in 3 months to lower my cholesterol which I did so now my carb intake is only 150 a day. I'm going for an MRI tomorrow but I'm still scared please help.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don’t understand why you think you have cancer.  An ultra sound would have shown any kind of spots.  

If you have pancreatitis either acute or chronic your pain will be almost unbearable.  

If your reading stuff on line, STOP.   Get tests done before sending yourself into a panic.  

Wishing the best for you.  Keep us posted. 

• Posted

Yes I was googling. My work partner told me to stop. I'm just paranoid.

• Posted

I've had pancreatitis for sixteen years on and off. They don't know why. But I once asked a doctor if pancreatitis could lead to panc cancer. He said not really. He said that type of cancer gives no warnings until severe pain happens. Most ppl don't know until it's too late. I hope all goes well with the scan

Thoughts and prayers biggrin

• Posted

Ya no sever pain or symptoms just side and back pain sometimes. But I've thrown my.back out before.

• Posted

I too have Chronic Calcific Pancreatitis. When I had my ESWL & ERCP at the Mayo Clinic, my doctors up there told me that one like myself has a 20 to 30 fold higher chance of it turning into pancreatic cancer. Mine is even higher given my father died from it at age 59 and his mother died from Pancreatitis. Make sure the do a CT or MRI scan on you annually. I wish you the best of health!

DJ~RN

• Posted

Please don’t assume or even think that you have pancreatic cancer. I can almost assure you that if you did, you would know it by now. There’s only about a 1.5 percent chance of both men and women who will go on to develop pancreatic cancer in their lifetime. That’s pretty rare. My father died from it at age 59. It is fast and it is aggressive. I feel sure you will get a good report on your MRI. Just try to calm down, and again, know that there’s only a very low % of people who get this aweful disesesse. Good luck! Let us know what you learn! 

DJ~RN

• Posted

Please don’t assume or even think that you have pancreatic cancer. I can almost assure you that if you did, you would know it by now. There’s only about a 1.5 percent chance of both men and women who will go on to develop pancreatic cancer in their lifetime. That’s pretty rare. My father died from it at age 59. It is fast and it is aggressive. I feel sure you will get a good report on your MRI. Just try to calm down, and again, know that there’s only a very low % of people who get this aweful disesesse. Good luck! Let us know what you learn! 

DJ~RN

• Posted

I did get the call from the nurse about the MRI and they said it was negative about everything. But I see my doctor Friday. Thank you guys for your support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.