Scared of Pancreatic Cancer... anyone else dealt with this

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all... so I'm not certain when this began maybe after I stopped eating due to my anxiety and then everytime I would eat I would get diarrhea (sorry for the tmi). But my stomach is always burning, I have a pain that comes and goes under my left breast. My stomach won't allow me to eat because I'm scared. I've lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm super scared I have pancreatic cancer. I'm only 31, newly married and not ready to die. I would much rather fear a heart attack or stroke over pancan. Has anyone else gone through this. I just want my life back. I want to healthy. I'm terrified.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nai,

I have been having the same symptoms. I found the diarrhea the worst. I lost weight and I went through this for months. It started with me also short after my marriage. 

Worrying and being scared of having cancer will not help, you need to go to your GP and get examined. My GP made a complete check-up and everything was fine, which made it clear that I have to go to a Psychiatrist. Since then, I am taking medicine and getting better. WHat helped me really a LOOOOOOTTT, back then (before starting my treatment), was taking Xanax whenever I had an attack. 

• Posted

Thank you Liana23... I'm going to my gp tomorrow. Hopefully he can put my mind at ease.

• Posted

Dear Nai.

I can totally relate to your problem. It happened to me almost a year ago. I was 28y old! I started to have "belly" issues (today I know it was stress coming from my work), I was ordered to have a colonoscopy, it made my fear even worse, I started to think about it, started to worry and (please, DO NOT DO IT) started to google my symptoms. It brought me to a very very dark place. First I thought I have bowel cancer ... then after everything was OK I thought I have stomach cancer ... 2 gastroscopies followed, then it was pancan and it was really bad - diarrhea, very light stool, back pain ... all the symptoms pointed to pancan. Fortunatelly, after all the tests were done for me (CT included - all normal), I decided to go for help to pdoc. Today I am much much better, still not 100% OK but I enjoy life with my wife and my little son (1y old). So, please, try to calm down, go to your GP to get all the necessary tests done and then, if still needed, go for help to pdoc. Everything will be OK! By the way - what was the "trigger" of your symptoms? Do you remember? Some bad situation? Stress? Sorry for my english, I am Czech smile

• Posted

Omg, I'm dealing with the same thing right now. It seems like my stomach does not want to digest food. I have bowl movements but the are very little. But I'm certain it's my anxiety. I get stomach and back pains. Butterfly feelings in my stomac. Then I start to worry and my head starts spinning. It sucks.

• Posted

Hi Neogenx,

Your English was fine. Glad to know I'm not alone in these feelings. I think what brought on mInes was stress. I started a diet and walking daily and the weight just melted off so that really scared me for some reason. They I started taking psych meds that took my appetite away completely. I think the light stool and diarrhea is from IBM. I'm going to my doctor today to get checked out so I'm just praying hard that this is just my anxiety and not something serious.

• Posted

Hey Swaggdalu!!!

I know what you're going through and it does suck A LOT. The body can be such a scary thing.

• Posted

I bet it's not cancer. Anxiety can do some crazy stuff to your body. But if you want reassurance like most of us go to your GP smile

• Posted

The not eating and stomach issues are all the anxiety. It's best to go to a doctor and rule out cancer hopefully. then you will have relief and tell yourself after I'm fine I just went to the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.