Scared of something more serious being wrong

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I know we all worry about health problems with anxiety, however for the past two years I have had symptoms that have progressively become worse to a point I am worrying myself senseless.

I just cant accept its anxiety.

I am struggling to walk very short distances without being completely breathless and I am struggling to stand on the spot through shear tension, leg pains and this freaky head pressure. It feels like someone is pressing down on my shoulders and my body feels of lead.

walking feels like I am on a boat and my reactions are sluggish, I feel confused and just generally out of it daily. I am also very fatigued.

I have an autoimmune condition called colitis which I do not think is related, but worrying its a sign of something else.

Its been 2/ 3 years now of exactly the same symptoms just varying levels of discomfort.

No idea what to do. numerous anti-anxiety medications have not helped over the years. I have lost 2 jobs and its having relationship impacts as well. I just need relief

28m, regularly exercise and no health issues otherwise. Tried Physiotherapy and muscle massages to no avail.

Can anyone suggest what to do next or relate?

thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

ive had similar issues since february i have a follow up with an endocrinologist tomorrow about some irregularities found in some very in depth blood work done. Have you had extensive blood work done and/or been to an endocrinologist?

• Posted

hi thomas

im reading your post and its like your describing me. im 35f and too was diagnosed with colitis last year. i have suffered with anxiety for years but it has got suddenly worse following the death of my two nans and a miscarriage earlier this year.

the symptoms you are describing are similar to mine, i get out of breath just going up the stairs, i have daily dizzy spells, chest paind and headaches to name a few. i have had ecg's, cheat x ray, holtwr monitor, bloodtests and also seen an ENT consuktant who all report anxiety.

i too worry its something more serious and drs are just seeing my anxiety record and putting it down to that. i have no advice really as i struggle myself but i can tell tou youre not alone. if you ever need a chat - about your anxiety or colitis just give me a shout - it xan be very lonely when no one understands what youre going through 

• Posted

hey suzanne i highly suggest you visit an endocrinologist they do very extensive and in depth blood work and specialize in finding vitamin and mineral deficiencies which can cause alot of the symptoms were having. good luck.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that. Similarly my symptoms all started following my nan passing away and a lot of stress.

You have literally listed every medical test I have had and they all say I am fine as well! I have seen ENT's, neurologists and therapists but really struggling to get answers.

My GI doctor said colitis can cause the breathlessness which is annoying because that becomes an anxiety trigger trying to calm my body back down.

The main concern is the struggling to stand, I am dizzy and lead feeling just trying to make a cup of tea! yet blood pressure and sugar tests regularly say I am fine too. Its a difficult one.

The GP has given me Citalopram to try, I have been against trying it for a while as I have just been coping but think I need to see if it helps now. My worry was it just adding to the problem with another set of side effects.

Hopefully we can both find answers soon.

• Posted

Try going though Mindfulness on youtube or through Headspace app. It really helped me. ALso try to accept teh fact that you condition may not become better but say it cant get worse.

By thinking this way you are making it much more worse. This talk to myself helped me little.

Try to be in present not past and future.

I also suffer from same things- health concerns and anxiety, which I am sure are interrelated or not.

Hugs to you --from fellow Anxiety Sufferer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.