Scared of stroke

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had terrible health anxiety for the last year and just lately it has got to crisis point. From finding lumps to pains in my chest and now a tingling sensation and numbness in the left hand side of my face.

I am scared I am going to have a stroke or brain aneurysm. The more I think about it, the worse the tingling gets....

At my wits end. Constant stress about health and dying is literally killing me. I am nearly 50 and this is a dangerous age, which is just adding to the problem.

Seriously need some help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hello sorry to hear what your going through I had a tia stroke in 2018 which only lasted few seconds scared me all test came back ok are you currently seeing your doctor I'm 49 years old 50 next year and see my doctor monthlys for catch up as like you I suffer bad with anxiety I'm sure its anxiety your suffering from I hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Seeing Doctor tomorrow. Not sure what to say in case he thinks I'm an idiot... Like you I just have so much anxiety..

• Posted

bless please dont be worried about telling your doctor how you feel my anxiety got worse since my dad passed this year with dementia and your not a idiot I'm stuck on these blood thinners now due to mum had a slight stroke when she was 52 I roll my own fags I love to give up but my stress anxiety through the roof your have to let me know how you get on at doctor tomorrow

• Posted

Hi Luke. the symptoms you describe are typical with anxiety, that said, with any chest pain or tingling sensations you should be seen by a GP. I 'had' a health anxiety for many years where i kept thinking i was having a heart attack, that I had cancer, a brain tumor etc and I needed assurance from my GP constantly. Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression are all very real and extremely unpleasant to say the least, your GP should absolutely be understanding and give you the reassurance you need. Let us know how you get on with your GP appointment.

• Posted

exactly the same as me I've suffered anxiety for many years its horrible I had counciiling for 12 months didn't do me much good it's a horrible feeling I had chest x Ray's come back with possible bronchitis told to give up smoking you try but I'm that stressed over dad passing you cant win either way glad I'm not the only one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.