Scared of surgery for removal of gallbladder plz help

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am suffering from gallbladder pain since one year , gallbladder attacks are getting more frequent now , my surgeon has scheduled me for surgery next month , I am very much scared of general anesthesia , can any help me out 😔

I am very young 29 yrs old , I am feeling soo depressed .

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya sweet

Just seen yr thread, sorry to hear about yr gall bladder.

I had mine out about 4yrs ago, believe me its nothing to worry about- the surgery that is,but u probably know that know anyway by now.

One thing I have found out and realised is that yiur body doesnt change much after. For the first year if I hadnt eaten in the morning I would be in emmence painbut after a bit of something it passed. I have always had a bit of trouble with my weight but since having it out it has been worse, I get constipated alot but thats due to the change in digesting foods etc

Whenever I googled it I read loads if people suffered with rushing to the loo ect but not me. I do hope it went well and that its not impacted on yr life too much- apart from lack if pain.

All the best sweet xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.