Scared of these palpitations!

Posted , 4 users are following.

alright well its official my anxiety fears keep switching from one thing to another, school has just started back for me and three days into it i one day was sitting at my desk like normal until i felt an oncoming sudden episode of palpitations, i thought the table was moving but it was the thumping i was feeling with the palpitation, then all throughout the day i kept getting them, not one after another but like, just throughout the day at random, then the next day i felt them too and tried to ignore them since i read that anxiety does give palpitations but sometimes they make me feel weak then the weakness goes away after they do, and its not for very long either, its just a second or two, so when i got home after school i was just getting out of the shower and suddenly felt a wave of nausea start to grow, then it went away after like 5 seconds, ive also had minor discomforting feelings in my jaw and arms , like an achey feeling, and same on the left side of my neck , i saw online that most of these are symptoms two weeks before cardiac arrest strikes! and im 17 but i know it can also strike anyone! , and im scared like it was just all of a sudden palpitations and now they wont go away, i even sometimes feel a tiny jab pain in my chest under my ribs a bit that last a second then go away, and i dunno what to think anymore

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sounds like anxiety. If you’re still having palpitations do this…

search YouTube for “stop panic attacks now“ then scroll until you find "don’t panic“ it’s in black letters. Get yourself comfortable and listen to this short talk that the person guide you through your panic and palpitations. It really works! Once you learn this breathing, you can do it anywhere without anybody knowing.

im going to stop for now so that you can go do this. Breathing is key to stopping the palpitations exclamation

• Posted

Blu my anxious friend ! when my anxiety was at its worst 12 months ago i was having heavy palputations everyday really deep fluttrers, pauses, big thuds the feeling like my heart had stopped ! you name it i had them ! all day everyday ! horrible experience ! try youtubing how to help relieve palputations and ectopic heartbeats caused by anxiety and take the help provided on youtube or message me i can give you some tips.. i still have them but maybe once a week and no longer every day ! exercise helps believe it or not ! yoga breathing execises and TRUST ME STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE it is not a doctor its a anxious persons migntmare

• Posted

When I was experiencing unusual high levels of stress in the past, I used to take long hot baths to calm me down. They worked wonders for me. I stopped taking these baths since I am no longer stressed. Or, consider meditating for 20 to 30 minutes in a dark room for better focus.

• Posted

omg i felt the same when i was like 16! im 18 now but all that freaked me out and i was convienced that a heart attack would be soon to come and i experienced everything youve felt! i drove myself mad and cried from time to time because i knew that i was going to die. i begged my mom to schedule me a doctors appt and i told the doctor my symptoms and that i felt like a heart attack was soon to come and she thought i was crazy!and told me that it would be extremely rare for people our age to have a heart attack or even cardiac arrest. rest assure knowing that youre okay 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.