scared pathology report

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi last Tuesday I had a cyst removed, they did a excision and gave me stitche's good news is I've been pain free, bad news it's been bleeding but its more like the drainage I was having before the procedure. I emailed my doctor today and he said he wouldn't expect bleeding at this point but due to the pathology report he has to redo the excision and remove more skin. What does that mean? He said his staff will call to schedule my appointment. I'm so freaked out. I emailed him and asked if the pathology was a cyst hidredaitis or something unexpected. I'm trying to not freak out but it's so hard not to and I'm checking my email every 5 min. Has anyone had this happen before if so what can you share with me about the outcome. Or even some positive words to help me keep it together would be awesome.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's probably tunneled and they have to go back in. The cystic material creates different "rooms" in the tunnels and they have to break those walls down to scrape out all of the cystic material. They probably just missed some. Hope they get it all this time!

• Posted

Thank you just not understanding how a pathology report from tissue taken alcan tell them that.
    • Posted

Post again when you find out what's going on! My dermatologist checked a couple of mine for staph when she cut them out because my skin was purple and bruised but tests were always negative. Or maybe he wants to pack it since it won't stop bleeding. I've had some big ones packed with medicine soaked gauze. You have to pull some out everyday until it you run out of gauze and it heals up.
  • Posted

Well I got a phone call today the doctor called to.tell me I have skin cancer now

Sigh so I have an appointment to go in next week to cut more of the area out to check and see if it's gone or still there totally panicking now on the outside I'm smiling on the inside I'm crying I'm super scared right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.