Scared please help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, hope all are coping with peri! Haven't been on the website for a while , hash tone every experience a numbing feeling on heads and feet , it comes a weird sensation like nerves inside , it doesn't go completely numb but it's feels like it's a little bit , but when I feel the area I have sensation , so weird ...... But I'm in that week that I feel off! Feel sad and nervous , think I might some muscular disease like ms or something , I haven't had a period in 6 months 😫

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I was 42 and standing at a soccer field when that strangle sensation came on my foot and then my hand felt very strange.  It was the first time I ever experienced it. 

Sorry you are feeling these thing too.  No period in 6 months is definately telling you something!  My last period was in 2008.  For quite some time I was having one every couple months, then every three, then every six months, until they finally stopped.  

Menopause is the only thing that is diagnosed 1 full year after it happens.  But you certainly can get your FSH, estradiol, progesterone levels measured just to see where yoiu are in this process.  

Sorry kiddo, I don't wish this on anyone.    

• Posted

Yes I'm confirmed I'm in peri , I was put on miniville patch 0,5 mg and 200 progesterone 4 months ago later my acupuncture told me to cut in half , so I did 0.25 for 6wks and about 3wks ago he told me to not get off of it totally , I'm on his herbal pills and also acupuncture , I'm definitely better the when I started , I had all kinds of issues , but now I also get burning face , arms and bottom of feet comes and goes😩,he said it was anxiety , really ? No one prepares you for all this , my poor mother is 81 . And she says she had nothing , so I'm 48 and have it all, thanks for replying
    • Posted

Anxiety is a symptom of insufficient oestrogen, unless you have been an anxious person most of your life.  I don't think an acupunturist should be advising you on hormones.  You will be buying more and more of his herbal pills to try to deal with no oestrogen instead.

Was your patch oestrodiol?  If so, you were on a good one.  I use a 100ug/day (translates to 3mg per patch) oestrodiol patch, replaced twice a week.  I have to top it up with an oestrodiol gel satchet one day a week, because the oestrogen patch is used up and I suddenly get waves of anxiety or depression for no reason at all (apart from insufficient oestrogen!).  It sure sends me racing for the gel!

I don't know about the 200 progesterone though - seems an awful lot.  I am on 10mg per day.  My last script was for 2 per day without an explanation from my gp.  Sticking to 10mg till I talk to her next.  I need more oestrogen, not more progesterone, which is not bio-identical.

Just reread your post - you are still peri - I am full on meno.  I have been using hrt for 25 years now since early hysterectomy and oophorectomy.  So glad hrt was invented!!!

• Posted

Thanks for the advise , no I've never had anxiety before , I was on birth control pills for 15 yrs and when I got off of them I reliezed I didn't have a period , so I got on a bio identical oestrodol patch along with progesterone, the patch was less than 1mg it was .0.05 , later went to 2.5 and now on nothing , I switching to a new obgyn have an appt on sept 16 and I will see what she thinks . Looking forward to better days ahead! 😀
  • Posted

This is the way i have been feeling agitated, jumpy, anxious not to in to it just want to stay home all day and do nothing i hate leaving the house because of blood pressure problems and heart rate problems just want to stop my meds don't know what to do any more 
    • Posted

Hi Susan just read your post that's exactly how I'm feeling been back to docs again with blocked nose and ears my head feels pressure on top and kinda swimmy so fed up. But I know what you mean with those feelings they seem to start in  your arms and a cold sensation in my legs like running water expect it's all anxiety related I too have days when I dread leaving the house. What kind of heart problems do you have I have atrial fribullation and I'm on medication perhaps that's the culprit lol.
  • Posted

HI TERRI

you know i've had exactly the same feeling as you and was sure I'de develpoed a motor neurone disease such as MS.........................

Stop worrying hun, I think it's just yet another awful side effect of Menopause/peri-meno wink

I've had them all, latest being allergies and hay fever, never suffered with much all my life till this! AHHHeek

Take it easy and try not to become a hypochondriac even though it's hard not to when you don't know whats coming next

itching, numbness scalp dryness and thinning hair????

Nite hun XXX

• Posted

Thank you , you are such a blessing , I went to the neurologist 1 month ago but I went for the tingling , which by the way when I went it had been about a month ago that I had not had it but still wNted to keep my spot since it takes forever to get one, but she didn't even test me for muscular disease she said that it was peri , and sent me home now I get numbing and I think maybe I should have tested , I know I did to stop,! I never had anything like this I was very regular all 47 yrs 😩oh well thanks so much for caring to respond
  • Posted

i juuuuust had this happen to me last night.  i woke up around 2 am after taking a sleeping pill - they don't seem to keep me asleep anymore.  my arms were kind of tingly, like asleep, and it felt like they were going numb, but when i touch them i had full sensation.  it is very worrisome, but it is yet another symptom of this "time of life".  palpitations and anxiety are up at that time to, along with hot feeling in face and chest.  all i can do is do some deep breathing to keep my heart rate down.  sometimes it happens in my legs. 

i ain't going to lie - I HATE THIS!!  i feel fine during the day, but about 10pm i start to feel hot in the face and chest and down my arms.  my sleep is pure crap; i am just thankful that i don't have to work, or have a man or children to take care of so i can sleep in on those bad nights.  it doesn't happen all the time, but this last week has been particularly bothersome.  i think my periods are finally starting to lengthen in between and they aren't as bad, but who knows. 

if you aren't already, please try not to eat gluten, sugar and caffeine.  it is just possible that these things exacerbate the anxiety during this time.  it certainly will aid in weight loss if that is an issue.  smile    

• Posted

HI kristy yes it all stinks! i totally agree,  im on a gluten, dairy and i dont have caffeine either, i actually dont meat either only eat fish , but havent in 13 yrs , so i could image  want i would have been thru if i had ..and no this numbing stuff just started and i actually feel ok most of the time ,except when i start with burning on face , arms and bottom of feet hormones gratually start to shift its like a week of hell , i also slightly feel off. Life Girlie ................!  i also started wkeing up at 3am with only4 hrs of sleep so , so , i picked up melatonin 3mg take 1/2 pill . but only that weird week if needed .also have used theanine when i feel anxiety is kicking in. Hopefully this will stabalize itself quik! this makes quality of life a little more challenging, although life to others may be worse .so i pray for them , take care hope you have a good day !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.