scared sick

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been having some Gastro problems for three weeks now. I have been diagnosed with ibs so this could be a flare. I’ve had diarreah and now mushy pop. Abdo pain has and wind pains. I’ve had loads of blood tests done and poo tests too. They have all come back negative and within ranges. I’m so worried though because my poo is more yellow than usual. Four years ago I had an ultrasound on my abdo and the radiographer said he saw a tiny echo free ( empty sac) cyst on my liver. All I can think about now is my liver is diseased and maybe this cyst turned nasty. Does anyone know anything that might help me pls ? I’m waiting on a colonoscopy and endoscopy both which I had normal ones two years ago. Thank you. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yellowish poo can be because your diet has changed ie less red meat and dark veg, it can be because of IBS and even anxiety can do it. Please try not to get fixated on a liver test that was inherently normal, if they had thought it was a problem then they would have continued doing more tests, I have UC and MC and have blood etc big time TMI LOL and I also have IBS they are totally different diseases and easily diagnosed, wait for your tests but colonoscopy want show liver damage but will put your mind at rest regarding bowels.

Also endoscwant show liver, I have mine done every five years so fine.

• Posted

Hello

​Request a Liver Function Test this should reveal any irregularities connected with the condition of the liver and its performance. The liver is a tough and robust body organ that regenerates and heals in time. Your assertiveness is a good step in the elimination process the doctors and medical staff use to find any possible medical irregularities, the more each test comes back negative this is good news. Diet  especially with IBS can be a contributing factor in many of the symptoms you experience. Reassurance through talking to medical professionals and friends should help reduce the anxiety this concern can bring.

​Focus on the positives which are what lead us forward.

Best Regards

Robert 61238

• Posted

Thanks guys

It’s always reassuring to hear positive input. 

All my recent liver function tests have come back normal. But I’ve got myself in an anxious state because I fear there is something wrong with my liver. I think if that radiologist hadn’t ever mentioned this small cyst it wouldn’t have ever been upsetting me. 

• Posted

Hi Kim sometimes they tell you things like that because they mean nothing, I only found out the other day that my spine is riddled with cysts and that they have been there about 6/7 years and showed up on my MRI, I was a bit freaked at first but I'm told there nothing to worry about because I'm A symptomatic, so I looked up symptoms and hey presto I have about 5 but to be honest I have gotten over it now and want worry till I'm told too LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.