Scared stiff.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I suppose I shouldn’t really be scared, as cancer would be a worse outcome. I’ve been seeing my doctor for a while and more recently a GI for my symptoms including diarrhoea, bleeding, excess gas and discomfort. I gave a blood test recently, and I heard my GI mention something about signs of inflammation in the blood. He said he’d take a stool sample and a sigmoidoscopy to see what’s going on, but I can’t stop thinking about that word. Inflammation. He mentioned other possible causes such as a course of nitrofurantoin I’d taken a while back that could have led to C. diff, but I look at inflammation and all I can think of is IBD.

I’m terrified that I have IBD. I don’t want to be suffering from this for my whole life, I’m scared it’ll rip away my will to live at all. I’m even more scared I’ll end up losing my colon.

Am I doomed to IBD? Or could it just be something else?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.