Scared that im developing something serious

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys !

for starter i have to tell you that i had alot of mental exams like Rorshach test , sitting with a group of Psychiatrists and answering their questions they asked me .

the only thing they diagnosed is that i suffer from Anxiety and ADHD and it hasnt changed(im 23 now).

in the last 3 days i keep getting concerned that i might start hearing voices. i dont hear any voices at all but sometimes im having random words or sentences jumps into my head and it sounds like the voice that you use when you are reading a book quietly (i dont hear a voice that sounds like someone is literally standing beside me and talking or talking to me).. i also hear random words when im about to fall asleep ...

the thing is that i CANT get those thoughts out of my head , it keeps lurking in my brain and i cannot make them dissapear ! i dont feel anxious but it is concerning me, i just keep thinking of "what if ill start hearing voices and what im experiencing now is a start for a serious mental illness" ?

my Psychiatrist always told me that if they didnt even notice a single sign of a serious mental illness by now so i probably wont suffer from any kind of a mental illness.

please respond to me because im very concerned !

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are just being paranoid ,just try to do something that will keep you busy and you will forget about it.Did you maybe have some stressfull events happen before that and it has caused you to be anxious?try doing some yoga or stretches before bed it can help.

• Posted

well i took Clonazepam and it helped a little , i am very aware of myself and every little change makes me feel unsettled ...

• Posted

I did have similar worries some years ago. You can almost generate this problem yourself if you carry on being obsessed by it. Random thoughts and words and phrases come into my mind when I am between sleeping and waking, which make no sense at all, but I've got used to it an don't worry about it. Its just your'e brain processing all kinds of info that you gather all the time, even stuff you are not necessarily aware of.

You and your'e psychiatrist would know pretty quickly if you are experiencing hearing voices regularly which tell you to believe and even do things which you wouldn't normally do. Try to trust your'e psychiatrist. They have had years of training and lots of experience of patients with issues like schizoprenia (spelt wrong I think - sorry), and if it is really that bad you can be quickly put on medication for it. Its not the end of the world, and its the worst case scenario anway, which probably doesn't even apply to you! So try to calm down.

• Posted

Well my Psychiatrist is the best ! his expertise is on Schizophrenia and as for right now he stays in England for a year to study even more about schizophrenia. he also got promoted to be the head of day hospitalization in one of the biggest mental hospitals in my country 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.