Scared that its esophageal cancer!

Posted , 3 users are following.

For little over a month i have been experiencing a lump sensation in the throat, adams apple area, along with the sensation of food being getting stuck when eating. Went to the ER and was told it was GERD...but im not so sure. Was referred by my Dr to see a gastroenterologist but that will be in February, yes February! In the mean time anxiety is crippling me not knowing if its cancer and worrying myself sick. Why would the let someone suffer almost 2 months before doing and endoscope and getting to the bottom of this? Take good care of yourself people...these medical professionals these days couldnt care less about your health.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When your food gets stuck, is it near your diaphragm, or near your throat?

?I would try taking Gaviscon Advance, especially at night, to see if that helps, as it might well reduce the GORD symptoms.

?If it does not, I would ring the gastroenterologist's secretary and explain your symptoms, especially the food getting blocked, and say that you believe it is urgent.

?There are lots of reasons for swallowing problems.  Tension and anxiety can often make it worse so whilst it is not realistic to ask you to stop worrying, especially as you have been seen by a doctor already, but you might try some form of relaxation technique to see if that helps.

• Posted

Been struggling with food going down slowly at the top of my throat on my Adam’s apple which is making my anxiety worse to go along with the indigestion. Any ideas what it could be?
    • Posted

Since my initial post the symptoms have diminished quiet a bit. Anxiety can cause havoc on the body. Google globus sensation...its a sensation of a lump in the throat when actually nothing is there. Acid reflux can also give the scariest sensations. Try apple cider vinegar in the morning before eating. Reflux is not that our bodies producing to much acid, its the opposite. We dont have the proper acid production to digest our food so food travels back up the esophagus. Switch from greasy foods and eat more sensible. When you do eat heavy try taking an alka seltzer prior to the meal. Give it a try, you may see changes in a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.