Scared to keep going

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been on 10mg for just under 2 weeks. The pills make me so spacey and altered. I definitely feel drugged about an hour after I take them. I'm just scared to keep feeling g this way. When you're in the midst of it it's awful hard to see the light. This feeling is awful

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

i felt the same way when i started - in addition, a hurricane threatened to make landfall near me - i was so anxious, had headaches, and like you, i felt like an out-of-body experience.  it leveled off - now after 2 months, i'm exercising and have lost 12 lbs. i needed to lose - some things that helped me: aromatherapy (lavender essential oil to relax, peppermint for my headaches - exercise (start at your own pace, in the beginning, i couldn't be on my elliptical for more than 5 minutes - music in my earbuds was crucial for me) - sooner than you think, you will have endorphins kick in, which will help your overall well-being. i take my med in the morning with breakfast, other people prefer at night - you have to choose what's right for you. hang in there!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I just feel so different from my normal self that it is scary. I do t know if it's the meds changing things around or what. I'm just so worried that this is life now.

I awful glad to hear you are doing better. I tell myself that the first day I have without a headache I'm going for a run. Thank you again

• Posted

also, don't be so quick to attribute everything to the medication - i had a lot of really bad headaches and realized that the meds had miraculously cut my craving for coffee and sugar, so i was also going through caffeine withdrawals! the out-of-body thing was definitely the meds, but that will stabilize. :-)

• Posted

I'm trying to stay calm but now that I think about it I haven't been calm in 6 months. I'm pushing tbrougj either way but I need reassurance on occasion

• Posted

Awb, give it a few weeks things will level out , my first few weeks were the worst of my life. After three months I still didn't feel great but still reduced & came of them & I feel great now. Hang in there & try & stay positive. Regards Tom

• Posted

My question to everyone is did you feel very strange for the first couple of weeks. Just off and not normal, or what was normal? This is truly just part of the Med starting the work and it will get better I can push through but if this is what new reality is this is it for me.
  • Posted

Morning Awb,

I think you'll find that you are in the majority of how people feel when taking Cita and your post sounds very familiar indeed!

Cita is a good medication amd I can testify that all you have to do is stick with it and you'll get through okay.  It can be hard at times, but remember that not everyone get the same side effects or intensity of them either all you can do is just try carry on the best you can, with our help of course.  It does help to know you are not the only one going through this, you are not alone and we can help here, on the forum.  

One thing I can guarentee is that Cita is working otherwise you would not feel this way.  I felt sh*t during the day and also had multiple vivid dreams at night, someone here recommended moving the dose from morning to just before bedtime (which I did over a week).  It did the trick for me, I still take it at night and let Cita do the slow repairs to me mental health while I sleep and guess what!  The dreams are back to what I used to expect sometimes none sometimes one or two.

When taking these sticking plasters for the brain (until you get over the initial side effects of course) have an emergency duvet in yer favourite room outside the bedroom,  This is for when you make it out of bed, but that is about it.  Get yer duvet, crawl under, curl up and sleep or just rest until the moment passes, no matter how long it takes!

In the meantime keep posting, no matter how silly you may think it is (we have all been there) keep reading, but don't over think or worry as not everyone gets the same or same intensity of side effects anyway!  Some lucky burgers have very little!

Finally, do not pressure yer self into hoping for a quick fix, it doesn happen that often, you just have to let it take its time, you may increase the dose, you may not it is all early days!

One thing you've done right is come here.  You are not alone and all that remains to say is Welcome to The Club!  We'll help you through!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you David . I'm trying to stay positive. Did you yourself have the altered/drugged feeling at first? I can rationalize that of course it's the drug but knowing that it happens to more than just me and that it a "normal". Temporary effect somehow helps.

I hope you're doing well.

Aaron

• Posted

Hi Aaron,

Sorry for delay in replying, but been busy and not logging in means I have some catching up to do.

Yes, I did have the freaky/speaced feeling when on 10mg, then 20mg, but it did start to disipate through the 20mg dose.  There are a whole number of side effects we can experience however, as I always say not everyone has the same or intensity so, don't worry if you do or even don't get what others get!

Certainly being on this forum and asking, reading or when you're ready helping does help with our own recovery.

I am having some bad days as it is the anniversary of my closest brothers passing and like anyone it is hard some days, but thanks for asking..

Regards,

David 

• Posted

I know you posted this days ago.... but on the off chance. What you are feeling is called derealization. Anxiety and these meds can bring that on. But it does go away i promise. The less you freak about it the quicker it will disappear.
    • Posted

So I am on 3 weeks 4 days of taking 30 mg the first two weeks were not so bad but it hit me bad this week is this normal. Every one is having effects first few weeks, I am so late, so of course I am completely freaking out and having massive anxiety and panic attacks, and today I feel really sick to my stomach, what can I take so my stomach don't feel so sick, I also have a super hard time eating, I been living of water and crackers and bananas seem to be ok. I suffer from health anxiety so this is completely throwing me of expecially when I don't feel so well.

• Posted

How are u feeling now? I am on 30mg and I feel like complete sh*t and I am 3 weeks 4 days In in 30mg my anxiety is going crazy expecially in the morning, and today I feel really sick to my stomach, I hope it goes away soon I just feel like giving up.
    • Posted

The weird odd disconnected feeling started with me after I started taking the medication. I just finished my second week on 10 mg does it get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.