Scared to lose boyfriend, is this caused by depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost three years now, and he is my rock and the best thing that has happened to me.

He loves me and I love him back, but recently (or more like the beginning of the year), I've been feeling this very empty feeling when I see him sometimes, or like, I've lost interest?

I'm so used to loss, and this scares me so much because I know if I gave up on us, I'd be miserable without him. And what's worse, is that I deeply love him and talk about him all day and he brings so much light to my very work/school stressed life.

I don't want to lose him, so what is this feeling?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think it’s just with depression, you don’t stop loving the person but you tend to neglect them, for a while....when I met my boyfriend I was fully functionant, but I got diagnosed with an illness and I just gave up on life and lost hope....let myself go....turned somewhat psychotic....so neglected him a bit and took him for granted....but now I’m on the road of recovery, half better and I love him to bits, scared of loosing him, I let him know everyday how much he means to me....just a phase I went through I think...I apologize if I shared my experience there hope it will be helpful...

• Posted

I agree too^ You do love him but the depression is causing the emptiness. With depression we don't care about anything or anyone. We are empty and nothing seems to make us happy. Therefore you think it's probably you don't have feelings for him when in fact you probably do. Once you get better and the depression goes away you will be happy you're still with him. We always end up doing things we regret when depressed. I do. Take Care💕💖💖🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.