Scared to start new meds

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I e had a bad sinus infection for almost a month that just keeps getting worse. I’ve been in 2 rounds of antibiotics that haven’t helped. I’ve been prescribed nasal sprays that also haven’t helped. I’ve been trying to use neti pots and nasal pressure point massages to help relieve some of the pain but nothing is helping. Extra strength Tylenol isn’t even taking away any of the pain. 

It’s all in the right side of my face. My doctor said I’m very inflamed on that side. 

She prescribed be a steroid today to help with the inflammation but I’m so afraid to take it. I also suffer from anxiety...has anyone ever taken a steroid for sinus infections? Had any luck with it? Help?

Thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey darlarae...Sorry you have to go through this....my sinus infection started when i got flu, after that I hd left side pain with ear pain also...started on amoxicillin  with some antihistamine and nasal sprays, no luck...had to take another round of antibiotics and antihistamine with some steroid nasal spray....well, steroid nasal spray worked for  me but not the antibiotics...i still had some complains and then my ENT prescribed me a powder consisting of antibiotics, antifungals,steroids and mucolytics, and told me to use it with netipot and rinse my sinuses with this medicated powder two times a day....I did it for 2 months and it helped me a lot....I am not telling i am cured but at least i can sustain now with just steam inhalation, nasal rinse with distilled water and always sleeps with 2 pillows...

I haven't used steroids in a tablet form and if you are afraid then you can always talk to your doctor about different options.... hope this might help.biggrin

• Posted

Hi! I am new to this forum!  I have had sinus infection for long too and still struggling with the latest one! Tried too many things including the recent attempt at immunotherapy for controlling my allergies with partial success. Nasal wash I think has helped to some extent but unfortunately I continue to get sick from respiratory infections every now and then. Recently I have read about xlear nasal drops(it is completely natural and every single review I read is positive) and have ordered one, I might receive it today and possibly leave my feedback after using it..................
    • Posted

Sorry it is Xlear Nasal Spray not drops.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.