Scared to take diazepam

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi people, I dont know, i ned some advice.

Recently, my partner and I decided to seperate. Ever since ive taken this decision onm ive been feeling las if I may colapse , at any given moment.

I get wose when going outside. I get to an open space and panic!..Walk like Im wearing a nappy thats my age....or stop and hold onto a lampost. Luckily the citalopram has started to take effect as I dont hyperventilate as I had been, but today having a really bad day..and even though I can joke about it, its really debilitating. Ive been too scared to take these 5mgs of diazeopam to help in emergencies, but today I felt so desperate, that Ive just taken one. So far, I dont htink I feel any different, also i worry about taking these things as I have an addictive personality. I am finding this weird!! To the point of ...am I going insane????Anyway, ill see how it goes..and try going out in anhour. Hope you guys can help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If 5mg *really* doesn't help, it's probably okay for you to take 10mg.

[disclaimer] I'm not a doctor, and officially you should seek proper medical advice [/disclaimer]

I take 10mg (2 x 5mg) and it does the trick and spaces me out.

Don't be 'afraid' to take it, but use common sense. I take it [u:ee46906eef]LESS THAN ONCE A WEEK.[/u:ee46906eef]

[b:ee46906eef]If you take it daily, it will lose all effect[/b:ee46906eef] and you'll end up ramping up the dose more and more.

It's an amazing, life-saving, fantastic drug - but should be used with great moderation.

You really do need to be refered to your local mental health team for Complex Needs therapy, CBT therapy or even basic counselling (speak to your doc about these) or your problems will never go away.

Diazepam is an 'instant hit' drug like alcohol; it doesn't solve anything in the long-run (like antidepressants do)

• Posted

Yes Diazepam are quite pleasant, dont be scared smile
  • Posted

hiya BG :cheerup:

yep, as Dr Spock says Diazepam (valium) can be quite pleasant :ok: but as Chris says be aware that it can be addictive, but taking it continously for a short period of time is no problem, as Chris suggests it's best to take it when you really need to :ok: :mrgreen:

cheers BG,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :run: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

hi ive been on diazapam for 5years i go on and of them they r great wen i feel a panack attack coming on i could not be with out them never had any side affects just watch your alchol intake with them
  • Posted

Okay< i was a bit of a naughty this wekend-then last night thinking-I dont have a clue what I am doign what he is doing, and fely really paniced-actualyy-the truth be told-thought I was going to havea cardiac arrest.

Ok, so took, 5mg of diazepam-also hoping that it has a longer lasting effect, as (well its like having drunk a bottle of wine without the side effects)thoug , must admit, I am a bit tired.

One hitch, I woke up with a rash all over my chest, sneezy andreally bad sore throat-am I allergic?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.