Scared what they might find in Colonoscopy, only 26 with blood in stool

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 26 been experiencing random stomach pain very bloated, I've had blood in my stool for a long time now, had bloods done my b12 is really low so started injections for my b12, done a stool sample in May came back that I had H Pylori so had 2 courses of Anti-B to treat the infection, waiting on another stool sample to come back also been referred for a colonoscopy I'm really scared for the result I have 2 kid and only 26 anyone else had similar symptoms if so what was the diagnosis I'm really scared for the C word don't like mentioning it ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Bleeding can be caused by haemorrhoids or fissures.  The colonoscopy will also look for signs of IBD or polyps.
    • Posted

I did think this myself that a why I left it for so long then the stomach cramps start, my doctor examined me and said I don't have haemorrhoids or fissures.

• Posted

One other possibility is that it may be undigested food such as   red pepoers or tomatoes if you have been eating those foods which is commin with IBS.  If it isn’t that, orher possibilities are. iBD or polyps.
  • Posted

Hi Emma

It's good that you're having this all checked out.

Try not to get too worried.  Blood in the stools can be caused by many things.

You may have some piles from childbirth.  And you could also have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Try and keep your chin up, and enjoy your babies.  Stress always adds to any symptoms we experience.

Hang in there, and let us know how the colonoscopy goes. xo

• Posted

if you are feeling severe pains a colonoscopy is must because then you can diagnose that problem so don't worry

• Posted

Hi sweet Emma,

I am 52 now, but was your exact same age when I had to have my first Colonoscopy due to fecal blood and Gastroscopy for other symptoms. Mine ended up being Gastritis and IBS. I know you are worried about the test, but I will tell you the same thing I tell my daughters who are your age. It is better to get it done and know what you are dealing with than to put it off and keep worrying about it. The sooner the better and then hopefully, it won't be as bad as what you are worrying about. I remember how scary that can be, but you are in my prayers and thank goodness you have youth and health on your side, because it is very rare for the C word to affect your demographic. Good luck and please keep us posted, sweety. smile

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I'm just over thinking things but I think we all do that just waiting for me several, doctors think could possibly be crohns disease, but I'll let you know once I've had it done it will settle my mind alot

• Posted

You are so welcome sweety. I know exactly what you mean about overthinking and over worrying. My younger daughter has Crohn’s and my older daughter has food allergies and intolerances, so have our share of that too. Take good care and at least there are treatments for Crohn’s and many other gi diseases. 💜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.