scarf akin

Posted , 4 users are following.

dear all i had a scarf akin op 6 weeks ago,how did everyone elce get on with it,i been fine odd day bit numb infact i am now walking in normal trainers and able to go swimming again,and go back to work a week monday.i finished tablets after 3 weeks seems i have been very lucky,i got a slight infection in my big toe if didnt of get that i would of been already back to normal.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are lucky, it took me a while to recover from bilateral scarf and akin procefure.  There is no way I would have been back at work at six weeks.  It was 10 weeks before I could wear Go Walk Skechers let alone any normal footwear.  Walking was slow, really slow.

Hope the infection has cleared up.

• Posted

hi sorry to here that the infection cleared up straight away i have been very lucky i go back to work a week mon be 7 weeks i would of been of work.
  • Posted

Hi had done this done eight weeks ago.  I am still using one crutch and liming very very badly.  I still cannot get my foot into a trainer due to swelling.  I have started having a foot bath with Epsom Salts for the last two days and the results are really good.  Swelling down and walking improved.  Can highly recommend this.
  • Posted

hi tricie hope you get better very soon,reading threw alot of peoples comments i have been very lucky and i am going back towork next mon as well be 7 weeks after my op,i am swimming now wearing normal trainers,hoping to drive the ened of this week,i do get my mrs to massage my foot 2 times a day it does go numb from time to time but was expected
  • Posted

so when u r expecting to get back to football? do u feel the screws? aren't they a bit odd?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.