scarf and akin osteotomy 4w 3 days ... failed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

im from the UK.

i had scarf and akin osteotomy on both feet 4 weeks 3 days ago.

ive healed well, altho the joints are still very stiff i can see improvements daily.

however im really worried it hasnt been succesful on my right foot.

surgeon already made me aware that he wouldnt fully straighten big toe out on my right foot, as the gap would be to big (altho i have a fairly big gap on my left?!) however, looks aside over the last few days (walking more) i have felt the same bunion pain, deep in the joint like i did presurgery and i feel like i want to pull my toe away from the others to ease it! its not unmanageable pain but has taken me by surprise. has anyone else experienced this? what was the outcome?? im so worried!

my next check up isnt till the 6 month mark... wondering if i should get in touch with surgeon sooner rather than later.

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

had had a lapidus proccedure 1 year ago in R foot and 3 months before that a joint replacement L foot... i still have pain in both joints .. the lapidus is very painful and i think that is because i still have OA in the joint. i also have mortons neuroma in both feet which gives pain underneath between the first and second toes .. is the pain in that area or in the joint? did you have xrays or MRI before the op? neuromas can be seen on ultrsound .. it is early days.. they may settle .. elevate in the evening .. swim if you can. i still think its healing .. that is not a long time for surgery to heal!

keep going and respect them x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.