Scarf bunionectomy/Hammertoe

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am scheduled for Nov 30...right foot scarf procedure with hammer toe on my right foot, and realignment of big toe on my left foot.. Both being done at the same time. Doctor recommended doing both feet at the same time.. He said I would be able to walk out. Just a tad bit nervous... Anybody else done two feet at same time? I am an active 69 yr old female, 5'2", 110 lbs.. Excellent health.. Still very nervous...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI

I too am 69 yrs of age, 5'5" and weighing 136lbs (much heavier then you are😟) and in February had my bunion together with the straightening of two toes. Unfortunately my big toe was elevated and so had to Go back for another op. I too was thinking of having my other foot done now, but fortunately decided otherwise.

I would ask the surgeon whether you will be wearing the boot on both feet which would mean using crutches for 6 weeks.

I did go back a week before my ops and was also worried regarding having thrombosis if I was not walking at all for 6 weeks. He did agree that it would be wiser to do my toe now and my other foot some time next year.

I am sorry if I am being a wet blanket but I realized when using this forum, that it helped so much to hear other people's point of view.

Good luck

Marie11052

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.