Scaring

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ct scan shows scaring on lungs.      Doctor said it's because I had pneumonia.       I never had pneumonia.   I think I would have needed a doctor if this is true         Also scars  fill up with phelgm which is why I have large amounts of it.  That I understand.    Anyone else have scars on lungs    

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Papillion

I have Bronchiectasis. Also told I had pneumonia at some point which I hadn't. I had a saw a consultant and he said it is caused by a childhood disease eg chicken pox that left scarring.  My dad also worked with asbestos and I was exposed to the dust and that could also be a factor. Hop this helps as the doctors seem to put it down to pneumonia. 

• Posted

To both of you ... rather begs the question 'what did the doctor say when you said "I have not had pneumonia, where did you get that idea from and what's your second comment having had the first explanation challenged"?

I don't think we should let em off being lazy (or stupid?) just cos they are doctors. I generally have ultimate respect for medics, but it doesn't apply to all doctors/consultants I have dealt with!

• Posted

Hi Steve I was referring to bx I did tell the hospital doctor I was sure I hadn't had Pneumonia. He said it is usually from childhood and as my parents are no longer here I couldn't challenge it. The consultant said the same but could have been a number of illnesses in childhood. 

• Posted

Hi papillion i know yrs ago i ad shadow on my lungs also ive ad pneumonia but few yrs ago only found out i ad bx in feb this yr i cant understand why these things didnt show up then ope this helps you
  • Posted

Yep.  I'd be surprised if anyone with BX doesn't have some scarring.

Folks have pneumonia all the time without knowing it.  I had it last year & had no clue, thought I was just tired from August heat & coughing more as exacerbation of COPD.  I had no fever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.