Scary bleeding with large fibroid

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI, I'm hoping someone who has gone through similar will be able to reassure me?!

i am in the middle of treatment for a 6cm intercavity fibroid, right above my cervix. I had a zoladex injection before a hysteroscopy proceedure just before Christmas. the good news was that a biopsy showed the fibroid is benign.

Despite the injection the bleeding had not completely stopped by the day ofvthe proceedire, so the doctor was only able to remove ten percent of the fibroid. For this reason i am bookef in for another hysteroscopy in mid- March. Eight days ago i had a decapeptyl injection in preparation for this.

ive now had heavy bleeding for almost two weeks and in tne last week exceptionally heavy bleeding, with big clots. i am doubling up on big sanitary towrls and still having to change these about once an hour! Tampons are pointless. as you can imagine, its really didficult because im frequently beeding through everything, clothes and bedding.

i have seen my Gp and taken tne tranemaxic acid three times and day for four days, the maximum dose recommended. this doesnt seem to make any difference!

i saw my go sgain yesterday and she wants blood tests for anaemia - pretty likely id have thought- but also is trying to get hold of the on-call hospital gynaecologist to discuss tje extent of my bleeding and what to do about it.

she promised to call but apparently has been unable to speak to anyone at the hospital as yet.

should I be worried? Anyone experienced anything similar at all? im sorry for he detail but the heavy bleeding is rotten smelling also., which does spook me a bit!

THANK YOU. Any advice very gratefully received.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy,

That sounds awful. I understand about the heavy bleeding - the clots, the smell of blood, the mess - it is distressing. It does at least sound like your doctors are taking you seriously, and trying different things.

Unfortunately, I'm just a fibroid sufferer and not a doctor, so I can't offer you much more than empathy. My case is different, but I so understand about the bleeding and how it upends your life. Hang in there.

Let's hope the decapeptyl eventually stops or slows the bleeding. And yes, do get that iron checked out - and take supplements. If the regular formulas (ferrous gluconate, ferrous sulphate etc.) give you problems, try ferrous bisgluconate ("Ferrochel"), sold in some health food stores. It is absorbed more readily. Prior to fibroid surgery, my gynecologist send me for iron infusions as well.

Good luck.

• Posted

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your kind words and reassurances. I appreciate that I am not alone in trying to manage this and at the same time get on with life!

I"ll certainly follow up on your suggestions for boosting iron levels.

Thanks again. and hope you have a good day.

Amy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.