Scary heart palpitations! Pleasee help :((

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, so I'm 17 and have been dealing with highly uncomfortable palpitations for the past couple of weeks. They get especially aggravated when I go on walks; I can feel flip flops, skips, pauses and strong thumps sometimes multiple in a minute and usually not that far from each other. They're making life really difficult to live but everyone around me keeps telling me I'm fine when I feel miserable. I can't do the things I normally do like walk and take regular showers because the palpitations are easily triggered by these things and I'm constantly worried about my heart. To give you more perspective my palpitations feel mostly like pvcs and pacs; a fluttering, pause, skip, or individual big thump sensation. They've been happening frequently and they exhaust me. I went to a cardiologist this week who did a brief ECG and said everything looked normal, but I'm not comforted. They didn't catch me during an episode. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with the coming days and all I feel is panic and worry. There is a slight ache in my chest and I can't help but panic and feel there is something wrong with me. I want to do an echo, holter, and stress test but the holter isn't available and I'm afraid an echo and stress test will be too expensive. I'm terrified. I also get my wisdom teeth out in a day and have no clue how my body will react to anesthesia especially with these new palpitations... I can't put off the surgery because my teeth are in a pretty severe state and are causing pain. What is wrong with my body??? Please...Anything helps. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking any medication or supplements?

• Posted

No, nothing. No medication or supplements, no drugs, alcohol, or caffeine. .

• Posted

it's important to remember that something like 70% of all people have pvcs. when they are benign, doctors say they have absolutely no effect on longevity. perhaps you've been having these pvcs and pacs in the past and never noticed them? and now you're overly conscious of them? if your pvcs are few and far between mostly, then living with them is probably your only option. reassure yourself that everything is fine, it's still considered a normal heart beat and you will be ok. if you still worry constantly consult a couple other cardioligists.

• Posted

That is really comforting. thank you so much! I do try to remind myself of those facts. so far, when i'm not as anxious and concerned about them, they significantly lessen so I've been led to believe they were triggered to be more noticable because of stress and anxiety. I also had the surgery; it went really great, and I recovered quite quickly. So because I did so well under anesthesia and while being monitored during the entire surgery, I'm even more led to believe I'm fine. But yeah, thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.