Scary migraine

Posted , 2 users are following.

New Years Eve I went out and felt 100% nothing was wrong at all. Started having blind spots in my vision which I knew was a migraine coming on, got home half an hour later and tingling and numbness in mouth and weakness on my left side. From experience I knew the headache would then be on the right side.  Face dropped on left side which is typical of my usual migraines and I took migraleve thinking it will just get better as time went on. However 20 minutes later I started vomiting ( this persisted for 7 hours every 5-10 minutes ). after about the 3rd time vomiting  I passed out and apparently had some kind of fit with my eyes rolling back. When I regained consciousness I didn't know where or who I was and was very delirious and started hallucinating. An ambulance was called but never arrived. The vomiting then finished 7 ish hours later and the headache about 12 hours altogether. I've been checked out by doctors and given Triptans and told if it happened again to go to a&e. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I haven't experienced anything like that. It sounds very scary. Do you have seizures? What did the doctors say was wrong? Did they do any testing?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. No never had any seizures or anything before. They said severe migraine and checked the back of my eyes but can't do anything else until it happens again and they can check me out the time that it is happening 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.