Scary migraine - seizure - panic attack episode; I don't know what happened

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was in school, and suddenly my vision got blurry. I was seeing weird lines and zigzags out of my left eye. I had a sever headache- which I assume was a migraine. All sounds around me became one big blur and I found it hard to focus. I went home early, and took some pain medication which did not work. I began to have a panic attack but then was able to stop it. Then, I didn't feel like myself. Like I couldn't control what I was doing, but I was could think clearly. I was doing weird arm movements, and talking in some language I didn't know. I was whispering in the language as well. I was doing weird things like clapping, jerking my body, while still conscious! I was thinking, "What is going on?? I can't control what I am doing!!" Until I fell asleep and woke up normal again, but still with a headache. I felt as if I was crazy or something. PLEASE HELP!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT ON! I am only 15 and I don't know if this is normal or not.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey misty. First things first go with your mum or dad to your normal doctors. Tell them everything you posted here. (If you haven't already done so). Try not to panic its all just anxiety which is natural. The headache to me sounds like pretty bad migraines I'm no expert but I have suffered from migraines since I was 12 and I am now 19. My symptoms are similar to yours very blurred vision,pain behind eyes, but I get numbness on my whole left side of my body causing my speech to slur, also vomitting.Its a horrible feeling I know but stay strong see your doctor they may be able to sort them out with a simple migraine specific pill. Just keep us updated on how your doing. Your not the only one with this issue we will all get through it though. 😁 stay positive.
    • Posted

Hi janariver, I had migraine like yours from the age of 10, I'm now 47. I have A minimum of 2holes in the heart. The reason I mention this is that there was a supposed link to migraine with aura. ( zig zag lines ). I saw a neurologist who advised me to have my holes closed up to stop the migraines. I visited my cardiologist who said it wasn't worth the trauma of the op so I left it as it was. I have got nowhere for years untill I did some of my own research. I say all this as your migraines sound like you suffer from ( not saying you do ) but sound like hemaplegic migraine. The symptoms are the weakness to one side and the aura side of the migraines. Look it up it's very interesting reading. I at least now know what they are that I've been suffering from for over 37 years and still do, although the week ness has subsided as I've got older. Hope this has helped you. 
  • Posted

Sorry Misty it sounds like you have suffered a typical migraine. I had my first one when I was seventeen with the blurry vision, zigzags and headache. With migraines,generally, over the counter meds do not work. The other symptoms can be typical of migraines too although I haven't suffered from all of them. I do get slurred speech and tingling in my left arm. I suggest as this is the first time you've had an attack you get it checked out at the doctors. Good luck.
  • Posted

Misty,

janariver, is right and I know its sort of nagging but you really have to go to your dr with your parents and tell them all this!

Its all to do with *migraine" and there are any varients, like janariver, I also suffer left sided weakness and have to be hospitalised as they think its a stroke and this could be similar to that, its called hemaplegic migraine.

Your Dr should refer you to a neurologist, who will give you all the help they can.

We are here for support and we can help when you need to have a rant or moan about your condition, we listen to all that, and can talk about what works for us. 

Good luck Misty and the best next step is see your GP.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Misty - well that sounds serious and scary. Like the others I would recommend you go into your doctor. At the time, because of the severity of your symptoms, I would have recommended going to the ER. Mini-stroke (trans ischemic attack or TIA) is what your syptoms were sounding like. Yet they did persist for some time so not sure. Definitely not something to mess around with. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.