Scary times!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

been a while i since posted last

so i was diagnosed with bilateral pulmonary embolisms in june.....a second relapsed in september with more clots and over the xmas period i was again admitted to hospital with more clots and pneumonia!

turns out apixaban wasnt working so now im on enoxaparin injections and undergoing tests for an autoimmune disease and bone marrow disease.

how rubbish is my 30 year old body and by god i have i got the best guardian angel

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

Wow....that's incredible. I guess the upside is that you must be strong.

If the tests don't show up anything, maybe warfarin is an option - as they can adjust the dosage until they see the correct anticoagulation in the tests.

Good luck and I hope 2019 is much better for you.

P

• Posted

Was on Warfare 2 yrs. Last year did self testing ever 5 days. off now and on a 325 mg aspirin. You can red in my response how my clots were found to be from

• Posted

hi, ive had bilateral p.e.s and found apixaban was not good. i have been on warfarin for a while now and cannot complain. yes it is a nuisance as you need to keep eye on blood levels but otherwise life continues normally and not worrying about next clot.

• Posted

Honey I hurt for you. Truly do. Had 2 bilaterals and one DVT in Oct '16 . Was on Coumadin and now am off. By chance, you have been checked for proper blood flow THROUGH your big vein in your leg haven't you? A vascular doc found that the flap in my vein would NOT stay open to let the blood flow properly so it pooled. He went through the vein and glued the flap open and now it should not happen again. Even got to fly to Israel 2 yes to the dte of my clots. My regular doctors, the ones who diagnosed my clots,did not notice the patchwork of tiny broken veins where it was pooling. You could see it on the outside of my inner left c as of. Just to be sure ask your doctor to look at your legs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.