Scary Tonsil issue after having Mono with Strep... input?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently got over Mono and Strep throat after a lot of bed rest, fluid, and medication from my HCP. Over the past day or two I've constantly felt like there's something stuck in the back of my throat and I haven't been able to cough it up, I finally took a moment to look and check and noticed something terrifying with one of my tonsils. I am attaching a graphic image so the weak stomach may not want to look, but that is how it looks right now. I will note that during my sickness my tonsils swelled up pretty badly, not to the point of being unable to swallow, but large none-the-less and had white patches all over them. Now this has happened and I'm scared something new is wrong with my tonsils. It almost looks rotten! Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated, as I am still waiting to hear back with some lab results.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wubba,

So sorry to hear you have been unwell with your tonsils after mono, I do know mono can affect all sorts of things and it may well just be part of the virus still as it can take some time to recover and get over all the effects, even when you are feeling a bit better.

You've done the right thing by seeing the doc and getting some tests, really hoping everything is okay and settles down, trusting God with that for you and believing you will get through this - hang in there and thinking of you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.