Scatica

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have terriable lower back pain that extends in to my right hand buttock and hip and goes down my right hand string,my physio said it's not scatica because it's down the right hand side is that right

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You should have an MRI or CAT scan to determine cause. I have sciatic nerve problem on tight side down my leg only. I take Motrin
    • Posted

My doctor won't order one I have had this for five years on and off it been agony for the last 6 months
  • Posted

I'm sure Sciatica can be either left or right hand side, with pain from your back all the way down your leg, although it is generally one or the other and as Marti says, a scan would reveal the cause and extent of the problem. I had the problem and unfortunately painkillers did little to ease the pain, although the pain did subside after a matter of days or sometimes weeks, depending upon the severity of the attack. Anything from a sneeze to something as simple as tying your shoe laces could result in another sciatica attack, but time is the real healer and learning not to bend your back can save a lot of future pain and misery.
  • Posted

NO. It's not right. Sciatica can be either left or right hand side, and the name Sciatica is a generalization, it happens to be the largest nerve in the body and most likely it's being pinched somewhere. I have had this for seven months I had an MRI  Scan , which showed that I had Stenosis.Which is a narrowing of the Canal through which the nerves run.  Anyway you need to have a MRI done to determine what's going on. 
    • Posted

My MRI showed degenerative discs in the lower lumbar and it caused compression on the sciatic nerve. One nutritionist said by taking supplements that support joints and bones will strengthen the discs and release the pinched nerve. I take a powder mix for that so it might be helping. Try different remedies to achieve relief. It can go away on its own of course.
  • Posted

Sciatica can affect either side
    • Posted

Turned out to be a bit worse to be honest got 3 fractures in bottom of spine,bowel cancer and cancer in hips spine and both jaw bones
    • Posted

Hi Shane,

Hope that the time it's taken them to finally refer you for an MRI scan won't be detrimental to your treatment and recovery.

Fingers and everything crossed for a good outcome!

Phil

• Posted

I'm sorry that you've received such bad news. Obviously your treatment is going to have to be totally different from what you were imagining at the beginning. I wish you well and would advise getting emotional help for the forthcoming battle against all this. You will need to be strong, but I'm sure there is a lot of help online and personally I can only say that i send love and best  wishes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.