Scented toilet tissue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have just read that someone was cured from their uti by changing the brand of lol roll.

I have suffered for over 10 years with UTI and bladder pain so if something so simple as changing my toilet roll could be the answer I'm elated!!!!

Has any one tried this and how do you know what toilet roll would be the culprit ?

K

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim, I have never heard of anything like this curing bladder pain and IC or UTI. Someone may be pulling your leg. Toilet paper is toilet paper, no?
    • Posted

Hi

It was on another thread that I saw on here. Apparently the chemicals in it can affect the PH levels

I have no idea what the difference between tissue rolls is

• Posted

Hi Kim, I have never heard of unscented/non coloured Loo roll curing UTI's however I stopped using coloured loo roll many years ago as I did find that the dyes aggravated parts you don't want aggravated, also a lot of manufacturers use bleach in the making of loo rolls, I won't buy the scented variety either, I also wish it was that simple, do you wear pads of any kind? if so don't use the ones with the artificial scent as that can aggravate as well, and I expect you already know about nothing perfumed, ie.bubble bath/scented shower gel/soap etc etc, I tend to use unscented soap as I never feel that water on it's own is enough but that's just a personal thing, only wear cotton undies and try not to wear anything too tight all the time such as control panties, the list of do's and don't's appears to be endless.

All the best

Phoebe.

• Posted

Hi

I have the contraceptive implant so no periods therefore no need for pads although I did user to find most of them irritated me.

I do the same non scented soap and only shower never bath.

I did think it was too good to be ... back to the ddrawing board 😑

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.