Scfe surgery patient 7+year update

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok So who ever may see this that had the same hip surgery as me or is having pain and or questions about your hip i believe it is a scfe hip surgery, I was 11 years old when i had the surgery. I just tell people my hip slipped 😕, but anyway my symptoms were excruciating , very horrible pain from hip down , almost to the point were it feels as if its reaching the groin area , the pain started small with a limp and they began to get really worse when getting out of bed. I went to a doctor to change a cast on my broken arm , i tripped over a stull but caught myself almost breaking my arm again , and the pressure that i put on my hip made it give out , it was the worse pain with strong numbing pain. Doctors said it may cause you to be paralazed in some cases but now that 7+ years passed my hip has been doing its job but now that i have a huge screw in my hip , i feel sharp pain sometimes even towards the groin to hip and my left knee on the same side as the hip i dislocated my left knee twice not doing no physical activity or nothing simply. Just getting out of the car. Im just saying to people that if you had this surgery maintain a routine exercise for your hip dont over use it because im 18+ now and from the pain in my hip i believe i may need a hip replacement soon.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a total hip replacement two years ago (2016) at the age of 44.

Suffice to say, I went skiing this year.

After decades of discomfort and limitations and pain, the transformation is incredible.

If hip replacement is available to you, I believe it is worth seriously exploring it.

• Posted

Hi I had my scfe in 1982 I'm 48 now and will be having my 3rd arthroscopy in July I have about another 5 years before my hip will be replaced my joint is now 36 years since first procedure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.