Schamberg Disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 28, and I think I might have this. I noticed that I have orange/brown coloured spots on the top of my feet. At first I thought they were freckles, haha. Now, they don't itch, they're just kinda there. The thing is, when I looked it up, in an attempt to learn more about it, there didn't seem to be much "out there" in cyber space. So, I figured I would ask here... does anyone else have this condition? Is it serious or should I be worried about it? Does it stay solely on the feet or does it spread? I would appreciate any information.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have purpura which is similar only purple. It just looks awful, although the spots do sometimes rupture and bleed and also can be a bit itchy occassionaly.
    • Posted

But it's not dangerous or anything, right? Life threatening?
    • Posted

Oh, that's a massive relief. Thank goodness, for now, mine is only on my feet. 
  • Posted

Hi David,

it's difficult to help without a pic. I have psoriasis. I think your best bet is to see your doc. 

There are so many skin disorders it's difficult to know until a derm can do a visual or a biopsy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.