Scheduled for a myomectomy and so scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Here is my case: I'm 39 and 3 years ago was diagnosed with a 5cm fibroid. Then in early 2020, it grew to 9cm, but no symptoms at all. I had to put off the treatment due to the pandemic. From 2021, i tried to conceive but had one miscarriage at week 6. i was then referred to a fertility dr who suggested me to freeze embryos before myomectomy . I went for 2 rounds of IVF and egg retrieval. Because of the high dose hormones, the fibroid was growing to be 12cm on the posterior wall of my uterus. Until today, i only felt some pressure at the pelvic while laying flat and maybe a little extended period (~7 days). I went to see a surgeon, she said she would try robotic myomectomy but may have to open me and cannot promise to save my uterus. i was so terrified. I still want to have children. I'm going to see another surgeon in a month for a second opinion. Can anyone recommend experienced fibroid surgeons who i can talk to? I'm located at Houston, Texas. Thanks so so much!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was scared too when I went for my open mymectomy 3 years ago when I was 30. It wasn't until I found the right doctor who was confident in their work that I felt my surgery would be successful. I was given the line by 2 doctors "I can do it but I can't guarantee and to preserve fertility." I couldn't settle for that. So after research , my husband and I found my surgeon in California (which is no help) but I have since moved to Houston myself and will most likely be getting a second surgery so talking with my doctor about recommended surgeons at my appointment at the end of the month. I will repost after my appointment with more information 😃

• Posted

Relax surgeries are usually painless. Although you will encounter some discomfort after the procedure for a few weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.