Schizophrenia fear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have any of you diagnosed with anxiety like me, had a fear that you were developing schizopjrenia? How did you deal with this? I've been told by 2 psychologists and 3 psychiatrists that it's anxiety, but I can't get over this obsession that it might be schizopjrenia.

And if you have schizopjrenia, please don't reply because you might really scare me. Thanks!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have severe anxiety and panic attacks and most days I feel like you. I'm always fearing everything and sometimes see things that aren't there or see somethings and think they are one thing and turn out to be something else. I also have heard voices kids voices mostly can't tell what they are saying doesn't happen all the time and only at home.
    • Posted

Yes I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 3 years put me on Valium tried several antidepressants which I couldn't tolerate so I'm stuck with the Valium. Wants me to talk with a counselor for therapy but I don't like talking to people who are younger than me and don't know what this feels like. They just write their stuff down and give you a look like yep your crazy. So frustrating.
    • Posted

And he never thought it is schizopjrenia?
    • Posted

He has never even suggested that it was but if your like me I've done so much online research I know it's borderline. He just asks me how I been doing, I tell him he says ok do you want to see a counselor or therapist and I say no and he says make your next appointment.
  • Posted

Hi Jen I suffer from anxiety and that can definitely cause you to think the worst. But if you saw Drs they would have no problem telling you the truth , and they say it's anxiety . I would try to really believe them and just try to make note of what you do or how you might act, to even make you think that you have it. Good luck always here for you
    • Posted

I don't think that I have it, because I don't hallucinate or have delusions, but I fear the unreality i feel sometimes with anxiety is actually the pre cursor to schiz
  • Posted

jen I understand so well , the "paranoid"feelings that are really just out of proportion to the real thing. It's all part of being anxious. That's what I'm told and being cognitive of how anxiety gets triggered can sometimes help, not easy at all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.