Schizophrenia - methods of coping

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a schizophrenic who happens to be very good at English vocabulary but before you get your suspicions up to start the illness is quite genuine and I wan to be supportive to anyone who has been knocked down whilst trying to affect thier own recovery plan and is also aware that sometimes there is big money and force of habit on the part of medics etc where they are as much or even more so, stuck in a rut than the patient, so recently amoungst many other creative projects I compiled a list of principles basically that in studying helped me cope without some of the usual restraints, I don't know if the below would help potentially anyone else at this stage of recovery, but you are welcome to read for yourself.

Doing a learning curve today, lessons in coping on my own, keying in mind 16 so far, fundamental principles 

1.Respect has to be earned

2. Dont kick people when their down

3. Respect me for what i am and what i like to think of myself as of to a full degree

4. Balanced thinking is attainable

5. Dont run away with yourself

as sometimes run away with elementals so that fundamentals get lost

6. Life is stick and carrot

7. Utopia is attainable

8. Respect boundaries

9. Progress

10. Be focused and have fun and relax

11. Be careful, be yourself and dont get too clever

12. Dont take any "thats too clever for my liking either" but baby steps

13. Try not to jump to conclusions

14. Practice makes perfect

15. Sometimes sollutions are great, sometimes they appear to grate a bit

16. Nourishment be a key word.

17. Would not be so preoccupied if were not involved in an ongoing medical poison and so.......cial restraints.

18. So anything i can add to this little self development thing of mine having added to it. Let me just ponder on it a little as what sometimes happens is everyone then jumps on the say 19th idea potentially and the former comments are forgotten, and I'm just as guilty of that myself st times so ill leave it there till something else occurs to me for now. Possible one don't expect too much of yourself and do go expecting instant reassurance or praise but again hope no obliterating bandwagon as its the semi close for now.

19. So there is something, i have been over corrected but hopefully not flywheel this but im to be careful how i handle it.LikeShow More Reactions

CommentShareComments[Fiona Field]

Write a comment...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Truly inspirational. Ill add , Stick to your lessons. what is important is you practice them.

Theory without practice is game-playing; taken seriously, it leads to withdrawal from reality, mysticism, and insanity

• Posted

In response, if I could presently get my mouse to comment! LOL, Theory and practice are very much individual, my original piece was in no way game playing, as for "taken sersiously it leads to withdrawal from reality" that would seem to be a criticism that my aspirations are not realitic, which if posed to me one, myself I trust, would naturally find issue, and as for mysticism, its part and parcel of the sould within I do sincerly hope, and insanity is different, some people like myself have a degree of M.H problems, but insanity is an extreme word and with fair minded folk like myself, dangerous to use.  So, back to my practical theory then, relaxing and sticking up for myself.

• Posted

But is the whole idea to ban intelligent thoguht and say "you're provoking people" when left wing politics are more wholesome.  

• Posted

Perhaps u misunderstood the point. My point was simply ITS INSPIRATIONAL AND STICK TO IT EASIER SAID THAN DONE , AND FAILURE TO PRACTICE IT KNOWING IT IS SOUND WILL LEAD TO FRUSTRATION AND CAN BE NEGATIVE, I KNOW CAUSE I DONT PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH SO I PUNISH MYSELF IMMENSELY, LEADING TO DESTRUCTION , SLOWING
  • Posted

My theory is taken seriously by me!
  • Posted

apologies for the caps lock , I am not shouting and hope I caused no offense
    • Posted

God, you sound even more frustrated than I am but I guess life is like that sometimes but not giving up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.