Sciatia

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have now been trying to cope with this for 9 months. it just keeps getting worse. MY DR. has been trying to find a solution , at least to make it settle down so including Physio but no change. Have had to put most of my social life on hold because of the pain. mostly sitting on heating pad to get some relief. PLEASE HELP! If you have found something to at least lesson the pain or have some advice to help would be most grateful. becoming tired of having to cancel invitations that I looked forward to but pain too intense.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

I'm not sure if anyone has told you how much diet is related to this condition but after having a severe outbreak 'down under' I started doing my own research and have been eating an anti-inflammatory diet for about 8 months now with only one outbreak after Christmas when I cheated and had a few things I normally don't have so I think it was a combination of a few things rather than just one cheat on one day. I won't be making that mistake again 😃 I have not used the steroid cream in 6 months and the fusing and thickening have ceased. My advice to you would be to use coconut or emu oil for relief but first and foremost, start looking at what you eat. There are some who say high oxalate foods can also trigger a reaction so it's a bit of a mysterious balancing act when it comes to figuring out what you can eat and while it may seem extreme, I've coped quite well and don't really miss all the things I can no longer eat. Google foods that cause inflammation and that will get you started - I have pretty much given up all grains, eggs, cow dairy (goat and sheep cheese and yogurt are fine and quite tasty and I use coconut milk for my smoothies), and the nightshade vegetables - tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and potatoes. I seem to be okay with plain potato chips but that might just be me. Seems drastic but I'd rather give up foods than suffer the pain from not 😃 Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

I am a little confused by your post. Is your query regarding LS or Sciatica?

• Posted

I unfortunately suffer from both. When I recently posted the Sciatica I went to a NEW subject page!

• Posted

I'm not sure what you are posting about...sciatica or LS? Your heading is sciatica but in the LS Forum.

• Posted

I also have sciatica. it is in my left leg it has been very painful. happened after new years. don't remember doing anything. my orthopaedic doctor put me on prednisone. started 6 10 mg for three days. now on 4 pills for 3 days. getting better. also taking turmeric vitamin. ibuprofen and naproxen. getting better was in emergency room twice

• Posted

HI DIANA.

I was prescribed prednisone for another ailment and I Had Halicinations! T hat sure is not for me! What is NAPROXEN.? Happy you are getting better. I dont think I ever will. So painful!

• Posted

yes very painful. want off medicines before I have other problems will keep you in my prayers.

• Posted

Sciatica pain u.s awful. I have LS was diagnosed in 2007 after 5 years of pain, going to dr. after dr. then finally getting a diagnosis from a dr. at scmu . I have had four back surgeries 2 in same area. Best thing to recommend is ICE I get more relief from it and taking ibuprofen twice a day then anything along with stretching. Ive been on lots of different medications but ice helps the most 20 minutes 3-4 times a day along with stretching and taking ibuprofen. Im a long way from normal but feeling much better. I hope you get relief soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.