Sciatic Pain and Diverticulitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, this morning, I had THE WORST sciatic nerve pain in my lower left back/buttock leg area!  This was by far the worst attack.  I went to the doc and got a prednisone shot.  Second one in 3 months for the same thing.  Interesingly enough, I started thinking about my current bout with yet another diverticulitis attack, and wondered if they are somehow related?  Anyone have any info about this? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had severe sciatica for eight years. L3,4,5 all leaked. No surgery yet only spinal injections. Numb left leg particularly the knee. Always one stupid move from spending 3 weeks in bed.

I also have a moderate hiatial hernia and at least one groin area hernia. Diveticulitis is the latest uninvited guest to the party. Yoga and ice have been the only things that work with back issues.

Getting old bites..

• Posted

It's funny you should talk about it. I have been to Drs with buttock back pain and pain in my left groin never thought about it being anything to do with DD

• Posted

I have gotten lower back pain with a diverticulitis attack. I use heat and take Tylenol. Both help! But usually antibiotics are needed too!
    • Posted

Good luck. This whole mess is a wait and see game. The burning pain I originally felt that sent me to the ER has been replaced with this dull pain that hurts more when I bend or with physical activity. You should schedule colonoscopy for six weeks from now... The SNL skit about "diverticulitis" didn't do us sufferers any favors. I have no valid or reliable advice other than hang in there..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.