sciatica?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, a week ago was going down the atairs and got the most shocking pain in my back on the right side. I have always got aches in my foot and hip and thigh for years, always put it down to emergency c section i had 14 years ago. Anyway started as a pain couldn't not walk proper,my left leg kept going. Started with pain killers and heat and after 4 days seem to be getting easier, then Tuesday, the moat horrid pain going right across my lower back and round the front of my tummy. Rang the Drs that morning, couldnt see them as no appointment ao over the phone he said it was spasm as a result of the sciatica, and left a prescription for muscle relaxtants and stronger pain killers. I can't go through weeks of this pain, i had to crawl to the toilet took me 30mins. I cried and cried, broke down this morning, my dad came to look after me, i am in my mid forties, but you can't beat the hug from your dad telling you it will be ok. Also what is concerning me is the pain around the front, like ovary pain, everything feels.swollen like its going to pop. I am a bit scared.

Any advice? Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh dear this sounds awful.   At the very least you need stronger painkillers so you have to go to your doctors.  Tell them it's an emergency and if they say no appointments I would go up anyway and demand to see the emergency doctor.  Tell them all your symptoms as this doesn't sound like normal back pain.  

I hope you get some answers and relief.  Let me know what happens please.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.