Sciatica

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can having sciatic cause ankle to swell up?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it can, I have sciatic pain extending into ankle and foot, my ankle has been perm. swollen the whole time, can see the difference. This is something I didn't know either before. Hope that helps?
  • Posted

I've had problems with my knee and ankle as a result of sciatica, but more of a knock on effect, having numb foot so putting more weight on one foot with not being able to feel as easily when putting my foot down, if that makes sense?
    • Posted

Yes philsno it does make sense, the numbing feeling is horrible, makes me feel like pulling my leg of and throwing it through the window, it might sound daft, but it's like I'm ceasing up
    • Posted

It doesn't sound daft at all, the numbness and associated pain in my leg has floored me, more so than the back pain, you really do sometimes feel like doing that! Really gets on your nerves.. wink
  • Posted

At one point my ankles & feet were swollen. Then I read the info. on the anti-inflammatory I was taking and saw THAT causes swelling(CAN)  of the ankles. When I did some exercises and stopped taking the ant-inflammatory ankles went tback to normal!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.