sciatica in my lower back and hips

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi i have sciatica in my lower back and hips and the pains just getting worse my doctor has put me on codeine and co-cocodamol and they aint working and my legs are just becoming weak and i dont know what to do as my doctor wont prescribe me stronger painkillers for the pain and it just hurts when i walk or do any day to day activities in my life and im really stuggling with the pain at the moment and the pains are that worse that im in tears because of it ....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi!

so i just had emergency surgery on 19 Feb 2020. i had very similar symptoms. the doctors wouldnt listen to me. once i called an ambulance i demanded an MRI and they confirmed i have Cauda Equina and need surgery ASAP. do you have any issues peeing? either way, i highly advise to get an MRI via A&E asap. i was nearly paralysed if it wasnt for an emergency MRI and surgery.

• Posted

Yes I'd request a referral to an orthopedic surgeon as they can request an MRI, I had to do this in 2018 due to a bulging disc that almost paralyzed me.

I had a similar issue maybe 5 months ago where I could barely walk, MRI showed same disc bulged, I literally couldn't get in and out of bed and had to sleep maybe an hour a day in a recliner. I thought I might have been delving into MS, it was a nightmare.

However an Epidural shot allowed me to do light physical therapy stretches, I honestly found my own painkillers as doctors just will not prescribe them (just insane), but after the shot kicked in I have been going to the gym for about a month now and can walk a hard uphill mile fine.

It's a living hell but I'd reccomend going to see an orthopedic spine surgeon, your doctor cannot treat a major spine issue.

• Edited

Go to a physical therapist who use heat pads . A four day treatment should have good results; it did for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.