Sciatica nightmare

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband suffering with back pain now excruciating pain with sciatica

Cannot take anti inflammatory so on a cocodomol, gabopentin ( 900g)

Finally doc agreed to MRI 3 weeks ago awaiting results

Got worse on hands & knees sent to hospital, wanted to send him home like that. Kept him overnight put on morphine. 

The doctor thinks slipped disc but said when results are through it won't mean immediate treatment

This is now month 8.

Somebody I know recommended a book called the Back Mechanic who's advice she followed and after 2 years of sciatica is now ok. 

No operations. I am going to get the book just wanted to share this.

Full sympathy for everyone suffering with this, you wouldn't let an animal suffer like this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diane,

I have been suffering with this since 2012 when I had my son. Trying to deal with this and juggle full time work and two small children has been so difficult. I really feel like I've missed out on some of that precious time you have with them. 

Has your husband had the nerve root block injections? He should try those as they work for some people. I am on Pregabalin which works well and is similar to Garbapentin so don't know how much use switching to that would be. I'll have a look at the book too, thanks for the tip!

Hope he feels better soon

Helen

• Posted

Thanks Helen 

He now can't walk without crutches, on morphine and diazepan along with the Gabopentin & zapain. Paid to see neurosurgeon he's going to have surgery. 

Meanwhile my sciatica has kicked off again and I'm busy reading the book, it's very interesting.

Hope you get answers soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.