Sciatica numbness left hand side

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I have had very bad sciatica for the last 6 weeks last week I went to bed with a extreme headache when I woke the next day I had numbness on my left hand side of face it goes from my ear to my nose into my jaw and stops at my chin could this be related to my sciatica

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello there!

I 'm sorry about your Sciatica problems m but the headache isn't symptomatical of Sciatica. 

It sounds to me as though you might have had a mild VCA, you should go to a Doctor and have a check-up! I wouldn't ignore and new symptoms, they need to be checked out to be sure nothing gets worse.

Hope you get better soon, all the best .

• Posted

It's a Vascular Cerebral Accident, in other words , a stroke.

But headaches are nothing to do with Sciatica. It could be that you're taking some kind of medication which doesn't agree with you. 

• Posted

I have had the numbness for about a month now mainly in jaw and chin,when I get flair ups with the scatica pain all the veins in my head buldg out and I get a very high temperature the doc says to do 6 weeks of physio which starts on Tuesday but I am in so much pain I don't think it will help I haven't had any xrays or scans at all I have been in clinic pain for well over a year I can't take much more it's really getting me down as I have a large family and I feel like a right off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.